Friday, June 10, 2011

A School Year of Memories

     What an awesome school year. I've made so many wonderful friends, my teachers are amazing people who have taught me so much, and the experiences I've had at this school were beyond memorable.
     I now know plenty of information that I just know I'm going to need sometime in my future career. I know that the Kwakiutl Indian tribe rubbed fish oil on their clothes during the winter, Albert Einstein played in a quartet when he moved to Princeton, New Jersey in 1940, I learned that Neils Bohr recieved a coded message on a piece of microfilm hidden in a key when he was in Denmark during WWII, I've watched just about every Richard Feynman video on YouTube there is about physics, and I've seen watermelons and cantaloupes shot from a catapult being operated by a man in with a fake British accent. Yup. This was a great year.
     If it wasn't for this school, there is no way I would be the person I am now.

     The last day was . . . well . . . the only way I can describe it is bitter-sweet. I couldn't have made it through the year without all the great people I've met, and now I won't get to see them for a whole three months. We celebrated the end of the year by eating pizza and Twinkies and laughing our heads off at nothing at all.
     1:00 came, and I couldn't stop giving everybody hugs and telling them how much I'd miss them and how they'd better email me every day. I received a friendly farewell slap-on-the-face from Kaity (don't ask), and nobody needs to know that I cried right along with Jasmine when we said goodbye to everyone.
    

     But, even though I will miss everybody terribly, I think I'm ready for summer. Now only one question remains unanswered:
WHY IN THE WORLD IS IT RAINING OUTSIDE?!

2 comments:

  1. "I know that the Kwakiutl Indian tribe rubbed fish oil on their clothes during the winter, Albert Einstein played in a quartet when he moved to Princeton, New Jersey in 1940, I learned that Neils Bohr recieved a coded message on a piece of microfilm hidden in a key when we was in Denmark during WWII, I've watched just about every Richard Feynman video on YouTube there is about physics, and I've seen watermelons and cantaloupes shot from a catapult being operated by a man in with a fake British accent."

    You jest, Nicole, but now that you've said it, I'm sure that some of that information will come in handy someday. You just watch...especially the fish oil thing. That will most definitely come in handy.
    It was a pretty great year, I concur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was a fun year for you, Cole! Now just relax and soak up the sun...I mean rain! :)
    ~Jandi

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? I love comments! I ADORE comments! Oh, and random person, I also adore YOU because you want to leave a comment on my blog. Have an excellent day.