“Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, "We are here in mortality, and the only way to go is through; there isn't any around!" I would add, the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
- Marjorie Pay Hinkley
Nicole's List of Ways She Can Be Happy and Do Good in the World
1. Get to bed before 9:30.
2. Keep a journal of good things that happen and funny things people say.
3. Say a prayer before you read your scriptures.
4. Tell your sister, "I love you."
5. Spend more time outside.
6. Keep. Your. Room. Clean.
7. Leave notes on your friends' lockers.
8. Never have a boyfriend in high school. In fact, never choose a boy over your girlfriends. Ever.
9. No more Z100. Or Google images.
10. Don't let the little things annoy you, and never be offended.
11. Remove the word "jealousy." From. Your. Vocabulary.
12. If you think a bad/judgemental thought about somebody, think of three more good things about them instead. This includes yourself.
13. Smile at everyone.
"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." (Alma 37:6)
And just because we're talking about being happy, I'm going to put this up.
“I know today is Monday and you assume it’s going to be horrible. But according to statistics, there will be over 5,000 weddings, 10,000 childbirths, and 42 million hugs occurring today throughout the United States. Also today, there will be at least 4 people that will win the multimillion dollar lotteries and 600 people will get promotions at work. There will also be 600 dogs adopted, 35,000 balloons sold, and 800,000 skittles eaten. Plus, the words “I love you” will be said over 9 million times. So again, I know today is Monday and you assume it’s going to be horrible, but just smile, because according to statistics, it should actually be a really nice day.”
There you have it, Nicole. You no longer have any excuses.