Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011, here we come!

     (*Takes a deep breath*) 2011 is finally here!
     2010 was definitely awesome; we made so many great memories! I turned twelve and joined the Young Women's program and went on my very first temple trip to the Portland Oregon temple to do baptisms. I got a job, and earned some money, and saved up some money to go on a mission. I and a few other friends had a book-off and tried to read as many novels as we could, starting on September 1st, and ending on December 31st; I reached my goal of 21 novels! 2010 was indeed a year to remember.
     I think I'm ready for a new fresh start.... and I have a feeling that this new year is going to be be just as packed with awesome-ness. I plan to strengthen the bond between my family and me, read my scriptures every night, keep a daily journal, and save up enough money to go on a mission for eight months (I'll try and earn the rest in 2012 and 2013!). I'm also going to try (emphasis on try) to run on the treadmill at least once a week.
    This New Year's Eve was really unlike any other I've ever had....I got sucked into the Harry Potter books, reading the fourth in the series at the time. I could not take my eyes off that book from 6:30 in the morning until 12:00 at night except to eat! My parents agreed that I could tuck myself away in a bedroom and read, because after all, it was New Year's Eve.
    And don't forget that this year's theme for the youth is "Seek After These Things" based on the 13th article of Faith. So I will also be trying extra hard to seek after that which is virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy. ☺ I hope that you all enjoyed 2010, and that 2011 brings you much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to leave a comment? I love comments! I ADORE comments! Oh, and random person, I also adore YOU because you want to leave a comment on my blog. Have an excellent day.