Monday, March 5, 2012

More Artsy Stuff

I apologize for taking so long to sit down and throw another post together--I've been so busy going to basketball games and pondering about how my life is just like a Taylor Swift song, that I haven't had time.

But now I do. So let's get down to business.

I've finished couple more oil paintings, and I'm almost done with a third. Since I know you guys are all just dying to see them I'll post them here. (That was a joke, you know. Sarcasm. Oh, you do want to see them? Well, okay then.)



 This one was really fun to do! The color scheme turned out pretty, and I like how the background is a lot more abstract than the photo. Senior Project painting #2 status: COMPLETED.

_________________________________________



This one turned out really cool too. The purple flowers are a pretty contrast to the trees. (Sorry I don't have any progression pics for this one, by the time I remembered to take pictures I was finished with it.)

_________________________________________










So, this one isn't done yet, but it's close. I just need to ask my painting mentor to teach me how to paint the faces, and I'll be set. The tulips turned out really great, and of course, me and my brother are pretty cute too. (The photo I was looking at was of Nathan and me at the tulip fields when we were little.)


Well, that's it, folks. Thank you, faithful friends who actually read my blog, it means a lot to me. *pats heart with hand* Now, please excuse me, I'm going to go play "Teardrops on my Guitar" by Taylor Swift on the piano.

5 comments:

  1. I love Taylor Swift!
    Oops. Forgot introductions! It's me again. (you're probably saying "uh-oh." Well, that's being smart and knowing what you're dealing with. Supreme force of me) Anyways, I love your drawings and art things! You're so good at this stuff. I wish I had the patience to do things like you all the time, AND take pictures. Sheesh! You're like the secret version of me who's better because she actually has the patience to do things. I'm sorry if you feel like Teardrops on My Guitar. I wish I also had the patience to learn songs like that on the piano! I'm working on "Against All Odds" at the moment. Grr. Let's just say it's not going well. Yeah, sometimes I relate to her songs too!

    Keep posting! I love reading your blog!
    ~PG-13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again! Thanks so much for the commment! (If you could see inside me, I would be, like, GLOWING, it means so much to me.)

      I love Taylor Swift too! I love listening to her songs, especially when I can relate to them. Like of late. *sighs*

      I figure out a lot of songs on the piano by ear, so I've gotten pretty familiar with the chords, if you want some tips. (Okay, brace yourself, about to go totally piano-geeky on you.) If you transpose a song into the key of C, there's the C chord, the G chord, the F chord, and the Am chord. Usually you can figure out any song by rolling chords with those notes as the roots in the left hand. (If that didn't make any sense, don't worry I'm getting confused just looking back over it.)

      Anywho, thanks for actually reading my blog, it means a lot to me! :D

      -Nicole :)

      Delete
    2. Oh. Wow. Ignore my little artificial intelligence there. I just listened to Against All Odds. It's REALLY HARD. Geez, I'd probably looked up some Youtube tutorials. Doing that by ear would be pretty difficult...

      Good luck! :)

      Delete
  2. It all looks great, Nicole! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. Cook! I'm excited for when the 8th graders get to teach the newbies next year how the Senior Project stuff all works. Brooke and I are planning to come back and volunteer at the school when we're in high school so that will be fun. :)

      Delete

You want to leave a comment? I love comments! I ADORE comments! Oh, and random person, I also adore YOU because you want to leave a comment on my blog. Have an excellent day.