Thursday, November 24, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude IV

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope we all take a little bit of time to recognize how many things in the world we have to be grateful for, and also to stuff yourself.

My Mom took this picture of the
Portland, Oregon temple. Isn't it
beautiful?
1. Temples

I'm so, so grateful that we have a temple so near us. Every time I go inside, or just walk on the grounds, I feel such peace. It's one of the best ways there is to be in the world but not of it, and remember why we're really here on earth.


2. Orthodontists
Some other brace-faces like me will agree deep down that they are thankful for their orthodontists who help them have straight teeth. This one's pretty straightforward.

3. Basketball

Basketball is a part of my life. Last year, when I didn't play, I realized how much was missing from my year. This year, now that I'm playing again, it just makes me happy. (Plus I got an awesome shooting shirt with PEDERSON printed on the back. Score!)

4. Male teachers

This one seems sort of strange, but I'm grateful for my "guy-teachers". I'll ask around to my classmates, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and a few of the girls will answer that they might want to be a teacher, including me. But none of the guys at school have informed me that they would ever consider that job. So thank you, Mr. Garritano, Mr. Oldham, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Workentin, and Mr. Deland, for stepping up and being awesome teachers at MRA!

5. Autumn time
Can you tell I'm grateful for my camera too?
That will be on my list tomorrow.


I've said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again: I LOVE FALL. It's my favorite time of the year when all the trees turn colors, and the leaves start to fall, the air is crisp, and we can start building fires in the fire place. What would I do without you, autumn?


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all! :) Count your blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Nicole! I'm so grateful for you and for the example you set to me each and every day. Orthodontists....yeah, I am pretty grateful for them. That's a great one! Have a wonderful day!

    ~Brooke~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah, man teachers! My brother and dad are teachers, so I guess I take them male teachers for granted!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave a comment? I love comments! I ADORE comments! Oh, and random person, I also adore YOU because you want to leave a comment on my blog. Have an excellent day.